Joining the podcast is former judge Susan Sexton. Susan was not only the first woman to be elected as a circuit judge in Tampa, Florida but also the youngest. As a judge, she served in all divisions of the court: everything from Probate, Guardianship, Mental Health and most recently Criminal and Family Law.
In addition, she was an adjunct professor at Hillsborough County Community College where she taught a course in Family Law and was an instructor in Muenster, Germany teaching American criminal procedure.
Susan is a speaker at various legal education programs. She is also the author of an e-book called “5 Steps to Hiring the Right Divorce Lawyer”. The first 10 listeners can get a FREE copy of the book! Just send an email to JudgeSexton@iCloud.com and tell her that you heard about the her on the OverDivorce Podcast.
During the show we talk about:
• The biggest mistake that guys make when going to court.
• The significance of showing respect to the court during a hearing.
• Does what you wear impact how a judge perceives you in court?
• The most important elements that you need to convey during a hearing.
• A judge’s perspective on mediation.
• The importance of being prepared for court.
• How criminal court differs from family court.
• How lawyers try and influence judges.
• Questions you should ask your attorney about how they bill.
• Best ways to keep costs low during your divorce.
You can find out more about Judge Susan Sexton by going to her website: www.judgesexton.com
You can follow her on twitter @judgesexton
Make sure that you get a FREE copy of her book “5 Steps to Hiring the Right Divorce Lawyer” by sending her an email JudgeSexton@iCloud.com. Susan is giving away copies to the first 10 listeners that contact her and mention OverDivorce in the email.